Running out of ideas for a Valentine’s Day getaway? A weekend with your other half is always a win. We offer you 6 romantic getaway ideas, including one that is sure to suit every couple…
- Spa hideouts
- Destination: Choose a secluded retreat nestled in nature, offering private hot tubs with breathtaking views.
- Experience: Indulge in the soothing warmth of the hot tub whilst being surrounded by the beauty of the South African landscape…it’s not hard to see why these are ideal or a little romantic.
Suggestions… We love and recommend Forest Valley Cottages in Knysna which offer a number of cottages with outdoor jacuzzi or hot tubs, all offering spectacular views, lovely accommodation and complete privacy. Find out why our customers love this option here: Forest Valley Lodges.
Two eco-friendly Pods nestled in a secluded spot on the Camdeboo Plains blend seamlessly into the landscape. These beautiful cabins are chic and comfortable, offer incredible proximity to nature and are the perfect escape for couples, honeymooners and wildlife lovers. Learn more here: Mount Camdeboo Pods.
There are hundreds of properties offering spa getaways… Find your next one here.
- Get closer to nature and others
- Destination: Opt for a lodge that combines luxury and wildlife adventures.
- Experience: Enjoy intimate safaris, candlelit dinners and starry nights in the heart of the African bush.
Valentine’s Day Getaway Suggestions: It’s hard to find a hunting lodge that offers it all, because there are literally so many that check all the boxes! But we highly recommend a few, based on our customer reviews and personal experiences. In the Western Cape, you can’t go wrong with Sanbona Wildlife Reserve and KwaZulu Natal, our guests were delighted to Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge.
We offer many South African Game Lodges. Choose your province and find the perfect place! You can thank us later! 🙂
- Town Hall with Dinner and Show
- Destination: Explore the vibrant city life of Cape Town or another Western Cape city.
- Experience: Book a chic city hotel, treat yourself to a romantic dinner and catch a captivating show for an unforgettable city escape.
There are many hotels in town offering romantic experiences, but we all have our favorites! The Peech Hotel in Melrose, Sandton wins every time! Expect to be spoiled… your baby will be more than impressed!
HAS The Winchester Hotel at Sea Point, take a late afternoon swim in their magnificent swimming pool after a stroll on the Sea Point promenade, enjoy a leisurely dinner at the restaurant, then retire to your luxury suite for a romantic night. You can not be wrong !
But don’t stop there… South Africa offers many hotel options when it comes to romantic and boutique hotels for lovers, not just on V-Day, but every day!
- Country hotel with picnic or river cruise
- Destination: Head to a charming country hotel surrounded by rolling hills or located by a quiet river.
- Experience: Enjoy a picturesque picnic in the countryside or embark on a romantic river cruise, creating lasting memories together.
Barrington’s in Plettenberg Bay offers everything! Gorgeous accommodations, breakfast, lunch or dinner at the beautiful Barrington’s Restaurant, light meals at Barrington’s Bar and they even brew craft beer on site in their brewery. Other local restaurants in Plettenberg Bay, including The Fat Fish, are within walking distance and a two-minute drive from the town center.
Country house Schoone Oordt in Swellendam is a top pick in my book! The mansion itself has the most exquisite light and airy conservatory, a cozy fire-lit bar and lounge, an intimate dining room and a typical country kitchen.
Expect to be spoiled on this Valentine’s Day getaway with complimentary afternoon tea of homemade savory and sweet treats served overlooking the garden or in winter, complimentary snack platters and a drink Warm welcome are offered upon arrival. Your love will feel super spoiled!
- Beach haven with horseback riding or sunset on the beach
- Destination: Choose a Beach Retreat for a romantic seaside retreat.
- Experience: Enjoy a horseback ride along the shoreline or savor a magical sunset walk on the beach, hand in hand.
Fairlight Beach House prides itself on being the ultimate beachfront accommodation in Umdloti and offers its guests an unforgettable experience in a relaxed yet sophisticated environment. Its defining feature is its location and features panoramic seascapes from every room.
HAS Villa Olivier in Yzerfontein Stunning views can be enjoyed from each elegant suite. The sound of local birds fills the air as guests are invited to sip an aperitif around the braai or gather under the stars… need we say more?
- Wine regions with wine tasting, picnic or dining experience
- Destination: Spend time with your partner exploring the famous wineries of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek or Paarl.
- Experience: Take part in a leisurely wine tasting and discover exquisite flavors together in the heart of South Africa’s wine region.
THE Hotel Grande Roche is a famous international hotel, famous for its exquisite location in the heart of the magnificent Cape Winelandsits luxurious, cosmopolitan accommodation, award-winning cuisine and unrivaled service and hospitality.
Domaine Grande Provence in Franschhoek offers a unique destination with many elements and experiences: award-winning wines, one of South Africa’s best restaurants, an art gallery and boutique, private dining and fine accommodation in Franschhoek.
This Valentine’s Day, step out of the ordinary and treat your loved one to a romantic getaway to South Africa.
Whether you prefer the serene countryside of Magaliesbergexciting encounters with wildlife Kruger National Parkor the vibrant lights of the city of Johannesburg And The capSouth Africa offers an endless list of enchanting options for creating precious moments with your partner, best friend or romantic interest.
Book your romantic Valentine’s Day getaway now and celebrate love in the breathtaking landscapes of South Africa… South Africa Accommodation.